:: Does a hair flip::
Ummm bitchesssss, we got our first award! Can I get a hell yeah?? (HELL YEAH)
This nomination was brought to you by this kick ass couple, Emma & Yannick (love the unique names) from Luxury Backpacking. WHOOOO. These two are everything that I love in a blogger (or bloggers) because their focus is on traveling the world in luxury, except doing it on a backpacking budget. This is so me…I love the finer things in life, but if I can get them for cheaper, why not right?
Not only am I flattered for the nomination of the Liebster Award, but love that with my blog being so new, people really do appreciate it! From the bottom of my crazy little heart, thanks guys <3
What is this Liebster Award I speak of??
Funny thing you ask since I had no fucking idea when they nominated me what it was. I had to ask Emma if it was even a good thing haha. She proclaimed that it was indeed and to look online for the “official rules”. Wow, so official I was becoming. The Liebster award is an award by bloggers for bloggers. Whoever nominated you thought your blog was the shit and want others to know about it. It’s like a chain letter but you aren’t sentenced to 20 years of terrible sex if you don’t continue the chain haha. BUT it is kind of mandatory because if someone takes the time to read and nominate you, it’s nice of you to do the same.
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award Logo (I made my own because I’m cool and creative)
- Answer 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
- Nominate a few new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
- Let the bloggers know they’ve been nominated so they can continue the chain.
Answers to their questions:
1. What is your favorite country you have visited, and why?
Thus far, my favorite country has to be Switzerland. Most people overlook it while traveling to Europe, mainly because of the hefty price tag. YES it is expensive but it’s so worth it. I am an outdoor, scenery loving bitch who literally couldn’t get enough. I met some of the best people there while ticking off some pretty big items on my To-Do list. I will be back to spend way more time. As a bonus, it’s just as amazing in the winter as it is in the summer!
2. Are you more of a camping person or a hotel person?
Hmmmm, I’m more of a glamping person haha. I do love to camp and be outdoors, becoming one with the wilderness. BUT a hot shower and comfy sheets are nice too. I guess it depends on where I am to be honest. I love both.
3. If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only take 3 things, what would they be and why?
Does my boyfriend count? Hes so handy with making/building/creating everything so he would definitely be on my list haha. But if “things” is all I could bring, I would choose a boat so I didn’t have to stay on that island long, some alcohol so I could party in the mean time and a gas grill so I can eat, drink and be merry before I left.
4. What made you want to start a travel blog?
I love to make people laugh and I love to travel. I felt like there aren’t too many people out there as real as I am. At least in the blogging world. I’m vulgar and a partier but most of all I want people to understand all sides of travel. I wanted to create a blog that people could reference from. They can hear my stories, experiences and mishaps and take what they want from that. Plus, I am not a 9-5er. I wanted something I could dump all my creativeness into and hopefully use that to help change the world 🙂
5. How and when did you catch the ‘travel bug?
I wasn’t always this way. In school I graduated as Valedictorian, I was going to go on and become a plastic surgeon. I always did very well, and then one day I realized I wasn’t doing any of it for myself. I felt like I HAD to. After I moved to Florida my 3rd year of college, I dated a couple guys but one was the worst of the worst. I felt so lost after our breakup but literally woke up one day with an epiphany. I hadn’t ever truly been myself. That’s when I turned my life in the complete opposite direction, was bitten hard by the travel bug and never looked back!
6. Which is your all time favorite hotel you have stayed in and why?
Going back to Switzerland, I stayed at Victoria Jungfrau, a 5 star resort and spa in Interlaken, Switzerland. My friend got us an amazing room over looking the alps. We spent a day in our robes, drinking mimosas, getting hot stone massages, swimming in the Jacuzzi while it snowed over the Swiss Alps and were just treated like queens. I got a tour of the whole kitchen and the grand ballroom while also making friends with the amazing pianist. Did I mention the most immaculate Sunday brunch buffet ever? It couldn’t have been better. I mean, Atlantis on the Palm in Dubai was pretty amazing too.
7. If you could give one piece of advice to people wanting to travel, what would it be?
Just fucking go. DO IT. Stop making excuses. Make traveling a priority, cut back on the bullshit and GO!
8. What country have you got planned next, and why did you choose it?
Crazy story, I won an all expense paid trip to the South of France to go skiing in the French Alps. YEAH ITS INSANE. I heard the news 2 days before I flew out to Italy. So were going to the South of France, but The United Kingdom first (London) for NYE! It’s one big trip we made out of it. Super stoked!
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Hmmm, country wise or location wise? No matter what people say, I love America. I love the diversity of this country and don’t think I would ever wanna leave. Location in the US however? Probably Miami, if I could really afford it. That lifestyle and warm weather is just me down there. I can never get enough of it.
10. What’s your favorite mode of transport, e.g. plane, car, scooter etc?
I would have to say a train. Planes suck but get you places faster, HOWEVER when traveling in Europe I loved the trains. I wish America was more train friendly getting from state to state. You can sit back and relax while being able to see beautiful landscapes as you go!
11. If you had to travel to a country purely for food, where would you go and why?
Italy was just as amazing as you would imagine. The food IS TO DIE FOR. Pasta, pizza, risotto, wine, cheese, cured meats it all so goooooooood. Italian food is one of my favs so definitely Italy!
- Are you a member of the mile high club?
- What big bucket list item have you crossed off that was absolutely amazing?
- What type of traveler are you? (I.e, adventure, budget, luxury…etc) -you can name more than one!
- Do you prefer tropical destinations or more colder places?
- What was the best vacation you’ve ever been on and why?
- Does anyone in particular inspire you continuously with your travel blog?
- What are you most likely to splurge on while traveling?
- Name one place you haven’t been that you’re dying to go.
- Early bird or night owl?
- How do you balance personal time and blogging?
- Favorite type of food? (I.e, italian, french, indian…etc)
Now for the giveaway…
PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ENTERING:
- You must LIKE my Facebook page (I know it says it’s not mandatory but it is)
- You must enter your email address in the box given, or in my subscribe form on my blog
- You have 5 days to complete and I will be checking who does both!
That’s it! I mean if you want to do extra things like follow me on Instagram or repin some of my pins then great! GO FOR IT! But it will not help get you extra entries.
until next time…