Any music festival is fun with a huge group of friends. Planning outfits, carpooling together and even coordinating your perfect lineup schedule…but what I have found from attending over 15 different music festivals is that you need a FESTIE BESTIE.
Tatum’s Festie Bestie definition: One person you vow to stay with throughout the duration of the festival.
Why do you need a festie bestie?
Who else is going to stop you from making out with an ugly fat chick or hold your hair back when you puke up 5 days worth of alcohol? Having one person who is your designated party partner (DPP) helps the entire experience become a million times more enjoyable. Ever go to a festival with like 10 friends..all dressed up in your matching costumes..ready to party, then suddenly you get in line and one person forgot their ID? Two friends really have to go to the bathroom and of course there is always that one friend who is way too fucked up to even know their own name. To some extent I think this has happened to almost everyone who has attended a festival, THAT is why you need a festie bestie.
Attributes when considering a festie bestie
When trying to decide who your festie bestie should be, consider these points:
- Do they like the same genre of music as you? A trap queen (like myself) does not want to be at a stage that has 20 people listening to minimal all day. Find someone who vibes with you.
- Do they have a tendency of getting out of control? Sure, we all get geeked out at shows, and everyone has a bad trip now and again, but like I said before, there is always that one friend who goes hard in the paint way before the festival ever starts. Unless you are getting paid, do not settle for being the babysitter. With prices for festies so high now days you cannot afford to miss out on your favorite DJ because your friend took too much molly from a beautiful tree fairy.
- Do they contribute? No one likes a mooch. If you spent your entire month’s paycheck on going to a festival then A) you probably have a shitty job and B) you have your priorities way out of whack. If you are a good friend then you do not go someplace EXPECTING your other friend to pay for everything. SO..with that being said, just make sure they are not the free loader of the group, and if anything..pair them up to babysit!
- Can they keep up? If you are anything like me, I LOVE to party and when I say party I mean a full, 3 month binge fest of getting absolutely destroyed. (jk mom I don’t do that) I have an amazing best friend but bless her heart, she cannot keep up (Love ya Anne ♥) That is why you have a festie bestie who can stay out with you until the sun comes up, and someone who can keep up with your craziness.
- Are they needy? If you are constantly having to stop because they have to pee, or throw up, or their legs are tired, or they’re hungry, or they’re just straight up annoying as shit then do not consider this person a FB. Festivals can take a toll on the mind and body so know when to sit down and take a break, but plan it out so that you and your FB are on the same page.
- Do they walk at your pace? This one might just be me..but I am a fast walker and I hustle through crowds. If you drag your feet or wander off into outer space (physically not mentally) then we cannot be FB’s. For others, you may walk slow and that is fine, just make sure you find a good FB with the same walking speed. Trust me it will help with your sanity when you start going slightly insane.
Don’t get me wrong, having a posse of 20 friends balls deep in a festival is a shit ton of fun…but come time to switch stages..everyone is in their own little world and it gets frustrating trying to please everyone. This is when your festie bestie comes in, pulling you away from all the chaos and confusion. You are mean’t to get lost from the crowd and meet new people, venture away and become a social butterfly, but doing this with a festie bestie ensures that you always have a familiar face by your side when you end up getting a little too lost.
I mean shit, the real reason for a festie bestie is so you have two phones to take pictures and videos with. No phone battery makes it out alive!
Who is your festie bestie and why?!
xo Bonvoyage Bitches