Crostini with Beef Tartare
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 20
WARNING: THIS IS RAW BEEF. I know that sounds like hell to all you vegan/vegetarians out there but damn this recipe is good. My boyfriend and I spent a week in Paris this past February, and what do you know…the food was fabulous. Can’t really say the same about the city…but the food! I had actually made this dish before ever going to France, but this time around it seemed more authentic. I guess I thought I was miss know it all because I spent a week in Paris. Anyways, this recipe is to die for. I had like, raw hamburger meat as tartare while I was there…not my favorite. It’s something about the texture. Raw cut up steak that’s been in the fridge is similar to raw tuna in texture…wayyyyy better. I paired it with some toast points, and Au Gratin potatoes. OH EM GEE. I’ll add the potatoes another day, so until then it’s my secret. Don’t let this dish deter you. The french are known for their fine cuisines so if you can’t get your ass to the City of Lights AND Love, then surprise someone with this authentic Parisian dish.
Ingredients for Beef Tartare:
High Grade Beef ( I used two NY Strips) all fat trimmed off
1 T Capers
Couple dabs of Tobasco/Sriracha/ any hot sauce
1 t Djon Mustard
1 Shallot (diced)
Cracked black pepper
Ingredients for Crostini:
Any bread that can be cup up to toast points (I used hoagie rolls from Publix)
- Make sure the beef is nice and cold, makes it easier to chop.
- Chop beef into small cubes and throw in a bowl
- Add Soy Sauce, couple of squirts just enough to coat the beef. Don’t overdo it!
- Refrigerate again while you slice up the bread.
- Slice bread so it makes little toast points (see picture under cook time)
- In a microwave safe bowl (gotta say it for all the dumbasses out there) melt some butter then add some garlic salt (not too much because the beef will be semi salty)
- Brush onto bread and Broil on Lo for like 10 minute, just keep an eye on it
- Take out beef and add the shallots, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, capers, hot sauce, parsley and pepper, mix all together and add extra of any ingredient to your liking.
- Take bread from oven and top with beef mixture!
- One again, this is Raw beef, don’t be a dumb ass and ruin it for everyone.
- Add any ingredients that you like really. That’s how I usually cook, whatever it calls for-if it doesn’t have something I know might make it better then I just add it. That’s the magic of cooking.
Bon Appetit Bitches